The award is given for exceptional scientific achievements in all fields of medicine and is open to scientists of all nationalities. The winner will be determined by the Organs of the Foundation from worldwide nominations; self-nominations will not be accepted. Nominations must be in writing and must include the curriculum vitae of the nominee, a list of his/her most important publications and a detailed report of the relevance of the scientific achievement, which is to be honoured. Nominations can be made by individual scientists as well as by institutions.
The awarding ceremony was on November 26th 2016.
- The awardee is determined by a jury consisting of nine professors of the Innsbruck Medical University.
- The jury's decision is based on an international search via suitable institutions. Former awardees are entitled to nominate candidates.
- Self-nominations will not be taken in consideration by the jury.
- Nominations for the award must be submitted in written form. They must be accompanied by the most important publications, by other relevant documents if suitable, and by an in-depth-analysis representation of the scientific oeuvre of the nominee.
- Publications must have appeared in print.
- Legal measures against the decisions of the jury and the executive committee are not permitted.
|AWARD COMMITTEE 2016|
|Prof. Dr. Ch. Bandtlow||Sektion für Neurobiochemie des Biozentrums|
|Prof. Dr. G. Fraedrich||Universitätsklinik für Gefäßchirurgie|
|Prof. Dr. A. Hüttenhofer||Sektion für Genomik und RNomik|
|Prof. Dr. F. Kronenberg||Sektion für Genetische Epidemiologie|
|Prof. Dr. G. Mayer||Universitätsklinik für Innere Medizin IV|
|Prof. Dr. T. Müller||Univ.-Klinik für Pädiatrie I|
|Prof. Dr. K. Scheffzek||Sektion für Biologische Chemie|
|Prof. Mag. Dr. N. Romani||Universitätsklinik für Dermatologie und Venerologie|
|Prof. Dr. G. Weiss||Universitätsklinik für Innere Medizin I|
|all Medical University Innsbruck|